In 1922, Mr. Caesar A. Grasselli,
President of Grasselli Chemical Works, deeded his family’s summer home to the
Catholic Diocese of Cleveland as a home for children with physical and mental
disabilities. Under Catholic Charities Diocese of Cleveland, Rose-Mary began as a ministry of the Sisters of the Humility of Mary.
Rose-Mary gets its name from the Blessed Virgin and the beautiful rose
gardens that Caesar Grasselli’s wife, Johanna, had created behind the mansion.
In 1967, we revised our mission to serve children with intellectual and
developmental disabilities. In 1989, with the opening of our first adult group
home, we expanded operations to serve all ages from childhood through end of
life. We now operate multiple group homes through Cuyahoga County. And
are currently in the process of adding seven more.
Rose-Mary today is the product of a long list of volunteers,
professionals, trustees, organizations, religious and clergy whose skill,
commitment and energy have become a reputable part of our history.
Today, we proudly serve over 100 individuals through our residential services,
adult day programs, respite program, summer camp, and vocational center and and
continue to change and expand.
The Homes for Our
Future: Community Integration Project we are currently embarking upon will move
residents of the current Children and Young Adults’ facility, the 36 bed
home opened in 1922 under the administration of the Sisters of the Humility of
Mary, into a more intimate setting of four- to six-bed homes located in
neighborhoods throughout Cuyahoga County.
Owned and operated by the Catholic
Diocese of Cleveland, Rose-Mary provides services to all people
regardless of race, sex, religion, national origin, or disability.
Applicants to all Rose-Mary programs
are evaluated on an individual basis. The admission and administration teams
assess each individual’s medical, psychological, and therapeutic treatment.
To learn more about Rose-Mary click here.